so…älskling left Sweden today… the boat is sailing towards Africa. Damn i woke up feeling miserable. I m off for 2 days and have no idea what to do. Im so confused. I hate not being able to reach him. Ever. He’s the one who can call. I can’t.
I so wish i would be home with my family. Have our weekend routine with huge breakfast, walking the dog, watching stupid shows… pffffff
So i bought myself a big kannelbulle, watched Extreme Make Over (and cried as always), and i think i might try to bake a quiche later.
today the cute Erica from Sweats and Heart left me a comment saying she was going to Paris for the first time in May, and i thought of all places i’m missing there. And i thought, why not share with you my favorite places in Paris? I just through out the ones that first came to my mind now but i’ll be updating.
1) Food and Drinks
- An amazing and delicious “salon de thé” with the best hot chocolate ever: Angelina
- The best icecreams are at Amorino (no kidding, they actually have one that taste Nutella, but my favorites are Raspberry duh, and Mango)
- The brasserie on the top floor of the Printemps store is so lovely (though a little expensive)
- http://www.karamell.fr/ Swedish Candies !!
- the shakespeare and co bookstore is a place to see !!! It is tiny and so so cute ! You can find so many used and new english books.
- http://www.affarenparis.com/ all kind of swedish stuff !!!
- http://www.si.se/Francais/ the swedish institute in the Marais (great area) is a lovely place with a coffee place as well
- another cool bookstore i like http://www.monalisait.fr/
- Some fun stores with useless funny stuff to buy i like:
3) museums and monuments
- the Muséed’Orsay and the Rodin Museum are my favorites
- The Père Lachaise cimetery where, among others, James Morrisson is buried.
- Trocadero (make sure you arrive by Trocadero to see the Eiffel Tower it’s the best view)
- St Michel area with all the small restaurants where you can eat snails and frogs for 10 euros😉 ,
- the Ile de la cité with the cathedrale
- the latin area
- the japonese area rue st Anne by the opera
- the Halles
- the Sacré Coeur where you can seat on the stairs and listen to one of the numerous singers performing live everday, while enjoying the view over Paris….
3) vintage stores
Boutique vintage Mamz’elle Swing 35 bis rue du roi de sicile Paris 3e
Boutique vintage Mamie 73 rue Rochechouart et Mamie Blue 69 rue de Rochechouart dans le 9e
Casablanca 17 rue Moret 11e
La Belle Epoque 10 rue du Poitou Paris 3e
La Jolie Garde-robe 15 rue des Commines Paris 3e
Iglaïne 12 Rue de la Grande Truanderie Paris 1er
Falbalas Marché aux Puces de Saint Ouen, Marché Dauphine,140 rue des Rosiers Saint Ouen ( Samedi – Dimanche- Lundi)
more to come😉